18.11.07

Pinebox Art



Stumbled across these today. Possibly the ugliest things I've ever seen. A company out of Australia makes 'LifeArt Coffins'. They look pretty ridiculous, but if someone wants to be buried in a coffin that resembles one of those inspirational posters you see hanging in corporate offices, who am I to argue.

They are touted as being environmentally safe- which is always a plus, and the company seems to be embracing the DIY aesthetic by offering a blank coffin that can be decorated by you (before you die) or friends and family members.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True story: I was once in this used car lot and the owner showed me a hearse with a coffin inside he planned to use for himself someday. He told me the coffin had "Never been used." I told him, "Well, I sure hope not." He stared daggers at me and, soon afterward, I left. That guy was weird.

Jason KB
www.myspace.com/kornbus